May 19, 2010

The Baby...

has taken over!

  • My belly popped- yes indeedy, I look like a pregnant gal.
  • People wished me a "Happy Mother's Day." Serious? We can debate that one.
  • On a daily basis, one of four things happen- people ask how the baby's doing, they call me "Mommy," they look at my protruding stomach instead of my eyes when we talk, or they touch my belly! Ahhh!
  • Now I really can't sleep on my stomach. Crap.
  • My hormones have gone off the charts- I guess that's what you get when it's smooth sailing the first two trimesters. Crap again.
Now, I ain't complaining. So don't go on and tell me how it's all worth it, blah, blah. We chose to make this child and I'm beyond thrilled.
  • She kicks and wiggles out a rhythm so sweet, it tops my first contra dancing experience.
  • I look damn cute pregnant. Buy me lunch and you can see for yourself!
  • The crib, changing table/dresser, and rocker have been purchased and that makes my heart melt just thinking about putting together a nursery. Question is... am I obligated to do a "theme?" I hope not!
  • Those white Gerber onesies totally get me. That's all she's going to wear, I swear!

7 comments:

littletaloola said...

Jenna I would love to take you out to lunch to see your belly, how does seafood sound? I am excited for you and I hope that it is not too overwhelming. Just keep on keeping your own identity through all the baby mess because at the end of the day you still have to be you.

scrambled brains said...

When can I buy you lunch and subsequently a ticket to the baby show :)?

Anonymous said...

Oh baby! You are so dang "cute"!

Taylor Thompson said...

Just a warning, those Gerber onesies run really small. Collin hardly fits into most of his 0-3 month clothing, but he is already in the 3-6 month onesies.

Lindsy said...

We need to catch up, when can I buy you lunch?

Bambi said...

Oh please please please let me see you. I totally started crying at your post. I am such a baby. Reading about the baby bumping you totally got me. I miss that. Isn't it the most wonderful feeling in the whole wide world?!!

All Gerber stuff runs small but they wear well.

Danielle said...

I love the white onesies! Dang cute and classic! I'm sure you look darling with a round pregnant belly. I hope everything continues to go well for you guys.