April 1, 2010

Little Letters


Dear Sprout,

You have been growing for 20 weeks and 2 days. This means you're half-baked and over-the-hill! So far we've: been to three doctor's visits, had one ultrasound, completed two bottles of prenatal vitamins and one and a half bottles of fish oil, bought one pair of maternity jeans, and thrown-up zero times. A friend at work told me yesterday I'm destined to have at least 6 children because I haven't been sick. I'm fine with just you for now!

You wiggled fairly obviously for the first time that I could tell during an early morning sacrament meeting, a day shy of your 19 weeks. Oh! It pleases me every time you do your little dance inside, kind of like you're saying, "Hey Ma! I'm here!" Your Papa rests his skin-grafted hands on my lower belly to try and join in on the fun to no avail. I told him to keep being patient, you're getting bigger every day.

We will be finding out your gender next week. Your Dad hopes you're a boy, but thinks you're a girl. I hope you're a girl, but think you're a boy... phew! Whatever your tiny body has decided to become, we're thrilled beyond measure. Just to see the outline of your profile, the curve of your spine, and spindly little legs will keep me high for weeks to come. You're our child! Our flesh and blood! We're so honored you've accepted our invitation to be our guest.

Love your Mama (never Mommy, please?)

Mom

3 comments:

Midge said...

Why are you making me feel nostalgic of being pregnant. I felt like the first time around I didn't appreciate it enough and the second time was just miserable. I've loved having boys but I'm sure girls are great too. Just been looking at Knuckleheads blog and want all there clothes, girls and boys stuff.

Lindsy said...

A few days ago someone asked if we were from the South, I am guessing because she heard me call Bey "Sugar" and she responded by calling me "Mama," I love when my little ones call me mama!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said - Mama