February 2, 2010

Little Letters


Dear Sprout,

You have been growing now for 12 weeks and 1 day. Announcement of your coming made many, many people smile. I found out about you the morning of December 24th- a plus sign confirmed what I hoped and prayed for, unsure of my or your Papa's fertility. I savored our secret for a whole 24 hours, and surprised your Dad on Christmas Day with news of your arrival- a wrapped binki, tender kisses, and celebratory hugs.

You have treated me exceptionally well. People like to ask how I'm doing, and besides my very sore breasts, fish burps, and overwhelming fatigue (two hour naps along with regular bedtime have worked out great!), I haven't been sick. Everyone keeps telling me how lucky I am... "No morning sickness? No heartburn?" Nope- we treat each other right kiddo.

Your Papa is pretty sure you're a girl, and calls you by your name. It's such a good one too! You'll love it. I, on the other hand, only wish for your health and am happy if you're a boy or girl. We've seen you once, you did a little somersault and a black and white photo of you is displayed on the fridge. I think I'm starting to feel you flutter inside my belly, but it could be my imagination. I keep thinking that the weeks are going by slowly, and I'm ready to feel you kick and make my abdomen protrude. I'm excited to waddle with you inside me during the spring and summer months. We'll be helping people plant and grow their gardens, which is oddly ironic, don't you think?

I'm falling for you- in a motherly sort of way of course. You've been great company so far, keep up the good work! Much love from your Mama,

Mom

8 comments:

Bambi said...

You are so sweet Jenna. You are going to be such a wonderful mother to this soon to be unique and beautiful little child.

littletaloola said...

Thank you for making my day!! I love to hear about other mothers enjoying what a wonderful and miraculous thing bringing a life into this world truly is. I must say that I almost got a little teary eyed while reading your post, which is not something I normally do. I hope you guys know how much we love you and will miss getting to see your little sprout grow. Wherever our lives may lead us, I hope we never lose touch. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

The author is my baby! Isn't she incredible? Thanks hon for multiplying and replenishing, and writing about it. Enjoy - time flies. Ma

Kim said...

:) This makes me so happy. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing this little letter with us.

Siri Elaine said...

I loved this! I am so excited for you Jenna! YOu are going to be a awesome Mom! Love you!
p.s. I loved the picture.

Autie said...

Congratulations! What an exciting and joyous time for your little family. We wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Geo said...

Behold the sweetness.

Lora Bonham said...

Jenna. Couldn't be happier for you. Reading this put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Love you, gal.